Field Sales Professional - Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota
Position Prospectus –
Thanks for your response to the outside sales positions advertisement. We currently have a position available in MN, SD and ND. The information enclosed is intended to help you learn about us and we learn about you. If after learning about the position, you are still interested please complete the questionnaire. We look forward to answering your questions and discussing our opportunities.
Our Products -
Our website is intended to introduce you to the products we offer our valuable customers. In a nutshell we offer “everything in a park that doesn’t grow.” We also represent numerous other lines such as athletic equipment, goals and nets, shade canopies, drinking fountains, safety surfacing, etc.
Parks and Rec
Position – Outside Sales Consultant
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Professional sales management including effective time management, territorial goal setting, activity reports, customer contact management, customer and market analysis, lead contact, tele-prospecting, cold calling, customer service, and results analysis utilizing office technology.
- Written presentations utilizing Word and or Power Point.
- Group presentations using catalogs, slides, videos, or power point.
- In the field playground site surveys, playground design, and layout.
- Bid specification preparation, take-offs, and estimates.
- Project management. (3 months. to 1 year possible)
- Attending Trade Shows.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight. (25% - 50% of selling time)
- Full Home Office including but not limited to: email, scanning, fax, printing capabilities.
- Transportation allowance provided.
- PROFESSIONAL, CONSULTATIVE SELLING TECHNIQUES!!!
Training Period – Up to 2 Months
- In-Office – Work with Sales Support and Customer Service learning how we work with your current and future customers.
- Product – Daily and weekly classroom training and actual field experience. How to design a playground from the ground up.
- Markets – Included in our product training we will inter-relate how to satisfy customer needs in our markets.
- Office Techniques – learn how to create presentations, quotes, and bids that win business.
- Competition – Included in our product training we will highlight the competitions strengths and weaknesses and what to do to beat them.
- Product Installation – Perform an actual installation of our playground and site furnishings product along side our professional installers.
- Selling Techniques - Now apply your new product knowledge in mock selling situations.
- Bidding and Estimating Techniques - Learn how to succeed in the architectural specifier markets. Work directly with our Bid / Estimating Department on actual projects.
- Project Management – Learn the steps to a successfully completed project and a satisfied customer.
- Three Month Probationary Training Period
- Base Salary = $32,000/ yr
- Commission is based upon profit on paid invoices, a sliding scale schedule and is paid on an average of 12 to 14 weeks after order.
- Car Allowance
- Company Provided Cellular Phone
- Per Diem - for overnight travel
- Company Paid Expenses – Are with in reason.
Sales and Customer Service Office Location –
Our sales and sales support office is located in Chaska, MN. Tele-commuting will be your primary form of communicating with the offices.
Our interview and selection process will require multiple visits. You will be asked to show your proficiency in the following areas:
- Computer Skills
- Group Presentation Skills
- Sales Questioning Skills
- Written Composition Skills
- Online Behavioral and Sales Skill Evaluations
The selection process will take some times. If you foresee problems with this timing please let up know.
You will be required to sign a Sales Consultant Agreement and Employee Manual upon your hiring.
Our company goals are to build a dynamic, dominating sales organization built on long term relationships. If selling park, playground, and athletic equipment excites you and you are hard working, smart working, self-motivated, and eager to learn we are interested in you. We are not interested in a “hit-and-run” sales organization; only those that will assertively use professional consultative, relationship building sales abilities need continue pursuing our position.
Thanks for your interest in our company.
If you are seriously interested in this position - please complete the questionaire below and attach your resume.